Break a Leg
Saturday, June 24 at 11:44 p.m.
Last night, I dreamed that I broke my left tibia (the "shin bone") in two places, about three inches apart. What followed was a protracted search for a hospital, and then, for a room in which I could stay. Strange dream, to say the least.

As I was thinking this over in the morning - and wondering where these dreams come from - I realised that my foot doesn't hurt anymore. Which means, I suppose, that it's finally healed.

I guess I need to explain a bit...

I've never broken a bone in my life. But, I think I might have fractured my right foot (The metatarsals, to be precise.) during an impromptu game of barefoot soccer at the beach when I was around twelve or thirteen.1

I had the ball and was making my way towards the net, but somehow in the dark (The sun had set during the game.), after a bit of a scuffle, I found myself on the floor, clutching my foot and watching as someone on the opposing team made their away from me with a cheer.2

From what I remember, my toe made direct contact with someone's ankle. And since that day, whenever I played sports or walked for too long, I could with some certainty expect to be limping the following day.

So coming back to the present, after my long walk to school - following which I should have certainly felt something - and after a few more recent days of much walking, I'm fine.

So, I guess it's okay now. And that's kinda nice.

  • 1How topically appropriate, no?

  • 2I'm not sure why I never thought to get it checked or even mention it to anyone.


This came to mind for some reason a little earlier today. There was a cover of this song on a tape that was given to me as a going away present when we left Sri Lanka.

Actually, if you've read this post, it was given to me by Ranga, the boy who lived at the Broody house.

Judy in Disguise (With Glasses)
John Fred & His Playboy Band
J. Fred/A. Bernard

Judy in disguise, well that's what you are
Lemonade pie with a brand new car
Cantaloupe eyes come to me tonight
Judy in disguise with glasses

Keep a-wearing your bracelets and your new rara
Cross your heart with your living bra
Chimney sweep sparrow with guise
Judy in disguise with glasses

Come to me tonight, come to me tonight
Taking everything in sight
Except for the strings on my kite

Judy in disguise, well what you aiming for?
A circus of horrors, well that's what you are
You made me a life of ashes
I guess I'll just take your glasses

And in case you didn't know - this song is actually a parody of The Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds".
0 Comments: