Lord Stanley's Cup: 2006
Monday, June 19 at 11:09 p.m.
So, in case you haven't heard... Carolina won (3-1). And frankly, Edmonton had no chance.

Maybe it was because they were away from home. Or maybe they were tired. Regardless, their playing was horrible. At times, it actually seemed like some of them were drunk.

On the other hand, this was probably the most interesting final run for the Cup that I've ever seen. The new rules have made the game more watchable and much faster, in spite of what Cherry or MacLean might have to say.

And while where on the topic of Cherry - he needs to be fired. I just don't care how much of an institution he is. When I was a kid, I used to see him advertising those "Rock 'Em, Sock 'Em" videos; by the end of each spot, I was left with the distinct impression that he was a complete rube. My feelings about him have not improved over the years.

But if you must keep him, please get him a fashion consultant. No, really.

Anyway, at least now they can all go home and shave.

We will return to our regularly voiced posting tomorrow.
0 Comments: