ad hoc thoughts
Thursday, September 25 at 3:42 p.m.
Yesterday, for the first time, I saw a Toyota Echo Hatchback. The Echo was originally designed as a hatchback but was - for some indiscernible reason - remodelled into a sedan for the North American market. Perhaps, as I've heard it suggested, to replace the Tercel.

Whatever the reasons might be, the hatchback is much, much better. The sedan on the other hand... I think the person who designed the sedan should be taken out back and have his head mercilessly beaten against various parts of the two feet of lateral space he added to the hatchback. Then he should be stuffed into the trunk before the car is pushed of a cliff or some similar location that will ensure its demise. This scenario would be perfect if somehow, like the Crucifixion, all the bad choices made by people who own Echo sedans could rest on this car alone and they would as a result see the error of their ways. That by the death of one, many shall be saved.

Okay... Sorry for being so morbid. As far as my favourite car is concerned, I'm still undecided: Lexus SC430 or Nissan Z Roadster? Admittedly, the SC430 is hard topped...

I also entered another leg on my quest to find the perfect hair gel. So far this year, I've tried Fructis and Dippity-Do; the strongest kind of each brand of course. Neither passed. Now I'm using got2bme's got2be spiked-up. I do not like it already; I dislike anything that looks like it's design team included Avril Lavigne.

I don't ask for much. All I want is gel that that will allow me to style my hair as I wish, immediately after I shower. It should hold my hair in place without rendering it rock hard. It must not leave my hair looking like an oil slick; I'd use Brylcreem if that's what I wanted. It must not flake. And most importantly, it must be affordable unlike some products *cough*Joico Ice*cough* that I've seen.

If you know of the perfect gel, please let me know. Vaseline, glue and spit users need not reply. I'm beginning to think that the perfect gel would be worth it's weight in gold. Yes, I have put a lot of thought into this.

Also, if you happen to know any Post-grad Physics students looking for a topic for their thesis, have them contact me. I think I've stumbled across something that defies the law of gravity. From what I understand, I believe it's called a "halter top" or something like that.

Lastly, a few days ago, my sister told me that one of her friends thought that I was always, "quiet, spiritual and reserved". I haven't laughed so hard in a long time.

Oh, also, the provincial elections are just a few days away. Has anybody decided on who they're going to vote for? I think I shall vote conservatively... Get it?

Here's a nice spiritual song for you. It's by the Barenaked Ladies who are, coincidently, from Toronto. Well, actually from Scarborough, but why get so needlessly technical? That's like someone saying they're from Mississauga. They're one of my favourite bands.

What A Good Boy

When I was born, they looked at me and said,
"What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy."
And when you were born, they looked at you and said,
"What a good girl, what a what a smart girl, what a pretty girl."

We've got these chains that hang around our necks
People want to strangle us with them
before we take our first breath.
Afraid of change, afraid of staying the same,
When temptation calls, we just look away.

Chorus
This name is the hairshirt I wear
And this hairshirt is woven from your brown hair
This song is the cross that I bear
Bear with me, bear with me
Bear with me, be with me tonight
I know that it isn't right, but be with me tonight

I go to school, I write exams,
If I pass, if I fail, if I drop out
Does anyone give a damn?
And if they do, they'll soon forget
'Cause it won't take much for me
To show my life ain't over yet

I wake up scared, I wake up strange
I wake up wondering if anything in my life
Is ever going to change
I wake up scared, I wake up strange
And everything around me stays the same

Chorus

I couldn't tell you that I was wrong
Chickened out, grabbed a pen and paper
Sat down and I wrote this song
I couldn't tell you that you were right
So instead I looked in the mirror
Watched TV, laid awake all night

We've got these chains, hang 'round our necks
People want to strangle us with them
before we take our first breath.
Afraid of change, afraid of staying the same
When temptation calls...

Chorus

When I was born, they looked at me and said,
"What a good boy, what a smart boy, what a strong boy."
And when you were born, they looked at you and said,
"What a good girl, what a smart girl, what a pretty girl."
0 Comments: