Re: Oh Canada! addendum
Friday, September 19 at 9:43 a.m.
You're forgetting something else. On judgment day we will have to give
account for every idle penny that we have spent. So even you may have
not 'stolen' any music, God will still demand why these bands used your money
for their immoral lifestyles, especially when there are people starving in
Africa (etc). So there's a catch-22 situation. You're either a 'thief' or an
unfaithful steward of God given assets.

The solution of course is to not listen to any secular music at all.
Unfortunately this is not a practical solution.

I have concluded that in my situation, being an unfaithful steward is a greater
sin then being a 'thief'. Here is my reasoning. If I stop listening to
pirated music, the revenue of the artist/band or label company will not
increase. This is because there is no way I can purchase Britney Spears' album
and leave it lying on the coffee table. It would cause some er...difficulties
(please note this is just an example). So either I listen to pirated music, or
I listen to nothing at all.

So my conclusion is: I'm not a thief, but a lawbreaker. Sadly many of us are
guilty law-breakers. How many times have we broken the speed limit? We should
never condone law breaking. I do not condone it. It is wrong.

Maybe one day I shall cease from listening to secular music. But until then, I
will not dump $10 into Britney Spears massive bank account; my conscience
will not allow me to do it. :)

How convenient.

Keep it real y'all,

Jonny P
0 Comments: