Between the Lines
Tuesday, October 4 at 7:54 a.m.
I'm in the process of trying to salvage my Bible reading.

It has been, I think, around a year since I've read my Bible with any form of real consistency, and it's a lot harder than I would have expected to get back into the habit.

The Bible reading chart that I'm trying to follow has me reading Jeremiah as the selection from the Old Testament these days. And while It's been speaking to me on many levels, it's also far more painful than I would have expected.

Somehow, with the passing of time, I've forgotten to whom I owe my all. But it's not only that I've forgotten - I have also tried to replace him with other things. Other things which have only proven to be fleeting. The only natural outcome, I suppose, when that which is being replaced is the Eternal.

So this is where I've found myself: unfaithful to my God, whoring myself out for the cheap pleasures with which this world beckons.

And even though the world yet remains too much with me, he still calls to me with open arms.

Wedding Dress

Derek Webb
From the album, She Must and Shall Go Free

If you could love me as a wife
And for my wedding gift, your life
Should that be all I’ll ever need
Or is there more I’m looking for?


And should I read between the lines

And look for blessings in disguise

To make me handsome, rich, and wise

Is that really what you want?

I am a whore I do confess 

But I put you on just like a wedding dress

And I run down the aisle

I’m a prodigal with no way home

But I put you on just like a ring of gold

And I run down the aisle to you



So could you love this bastard child
Though I don’t trust you to provide?
With one hand in a pot of gold

And with the other in your side

I am so easily satisfied

By the call of lovers less wild

That I would take a little cash 

Over your very flesh and blood



Because money cannot buy

A husband’s jealous eye

When you have knowingly deceived his wife
0 Comments: