Musings
Wednesday, September 28 at 2:48 PM
A few days ago I took a walk down Yonge Street with the hopes of finding copies of some of the books that I need for school in one of the several used bookstores that line its sidewalks. And although I didn't find anything that I wanted, I did get the chance to walk the town and take in some of the sights.

As I was making my way down Yonge, through the rain, I realised that it's been about four or five months since I passed that way. Which is, coincidently, around the same amount of time I've spent away from this site. And since some of you have been asking why I stopped in the first place, I'm going to attempt an answer now.

Truth be told, the 'last' post began as a little something for the first of April. But after it was finished, I realised how nice it would be to take a break. I was worn out after a particularly trying year of school (and life) and found that keeping the site running and the ideas coming was becoming too much of a chore. My heart just wasn't in it anymore. I wasn't enjoying myself. But it was more than that as well.

The last twelve months have been some of the most unpleasant of my life. I was left feeling as if all the parts of my life that contributed to anything creative I attempted had shut down or fallen asleep. And my having to regularly write something coherent and moderately entertaining or insightful1 became - for all intents and purposes - impossible.

Having said that, I must also say that I'm feeling much more awake these days. I find myself once again able to think in creative and original2 ways. And I think that will all be translated into some of the ideas that I have for this site and for what I'm supposed to do with my place in the roster of IndaPhatFarm.com.

So please stay tuned. I think the muses are smiling on me once again.

  • 1 I have standards too, you know.

  • 2 My first thought was to use the word "profound" here, but that would have been pretty arrogant. Truthfully, though, profound is a good word to describe how I feel at such moments. It's akin to the euphoria that a person feels when they've finally found the answer to a hard question or accomplished a particularly difficult task. A "Eureka!" moment of sorts, I suppose.

Hi Chris,
I came across your site from Christopher George's site - glad I did, as it is a delight to read your prose - good to know that you are back.
Kesi
http://mayenfeld.blogspot.com
Kesi,

I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed what I've written in the past and I hope that anything more I might have to say will bring you the same pleasure.

Thank you for the kind words.

Chris
Dear Google Guru,
Glad to have you back man. I have added your page to my home tabs in Firefox. :)
L8R,
Jaison
Jais,

Among your home tabs, you say? I'm honoured.

I'm glad to be back.

Chris
4 Comments:
Hi Chris,
I came across your site from Christopher George's site - glad I did, as it is a delight to read your prose - good to know that you are back.
Kesi
http://mayenfeld.blogspot.com
Kesi,

I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed what I've written in the past and I hope that anything more I might have to say will bring you the same pleasure.

Thank you for the kind words.

Chris
Dear Google Guru,
Glad to have you back man. I have added your page to my home tabs in Firefox. :)
L8R,
Jaison
Jais,

Among your home tabs, you say? I'm honoured.

I'm glad to be back.

Chris