Musings
Wednesday, September 28 at 2:48 p.m.
A few days ago I took a walk down Yonge Street with the hopes of finding copies of some of the books that I need for school in one of the several used bookstores that line its sidewalks. And although I didn't find anything that I wanted, I did get the chance to walk the town and take in some of the sights.

As I was making my way down Yonge, through the rain, I realised that it's been about four or five months since I passed that way. Which is, coincidently, around the same amount of time I've spent away from this site. And since some of you have been asking why I stopped in the first place, I'm going to attempt an answer now.

Truth be told, the 'last' post began as a little something for the first of April. But after it was finished, I realised how nice it would be to take a break. I was worn out after a particularly trying year of school (and life) and found that keeping the site running and the ideas coming was becoming too much of a chore. My heart just wasn't in it anymore. I wasn't enjoying myself. But it was more than that as well.

The last twelve months have been some of the most unpleasant of my life. I was left feeling as if all the parts of my life that contributed to anything creative I attempted had shut down or fallen asleep. And my having to regularly write something coherent and moderately entertaining or insightful1 became - for all intents and purposes - impossible.

Having said that, I must also say that I'm feeling much more awake these days. I find myself once again able to think in creative and original2 ways. And I think that will all be translated into some of the ideas that I have for this site and for what I'm supposed to do with my place in the roster of IndaPhatFarm.com.

So please stay tuned. I think the muses are smiling on me once again.

  • 1 I have standards too, you know.

  • 2 My first thought was to use the word "profound" here, but that would have been pretty arrogant. Truthfully, though, profound is a good word to describe how I feel at such moments. It's akin to the euphoria that a person feels when they've finally found the answer to a hard question or accomplished a particularly difficult task. A "Eureka!" moment of sorts, I suppose.

Hi Chris,
I came across your site from Christopher George's site - glad I did, as it is a delight to read your prose - good to know that you are back.
Kesi
http://mayenfeld.blogspot.com
Kesi,

I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed what I've written in the past and I hope that anything more I might have to say will bring you the same pleasure.

Thank you for the kind words.

Chris
Jais,

Among your home tabs, you say? I'm honoured.

I'm glad to be back.

Chris
3 Comments:
Hi Chris,
I came across your site from Christopher George's site - glad I did, as it is a delight to read your prose - good to know that you are back.
Kesi
http://mayenfeld.blogspot.com
Kesi,

I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed what I've written in the past and I hope that anything more I might have to say will bring you the same pleasure.

Thank you for the kind words.

Chris
Jais,

Among your home tabs, you say? I'm honoured.

I'm glad to be back.

Chris