Theory
Thursday, September 16 at 10:49 a.m.
Does anyone know what RFID is?

Here's a definition that Google found for me:

A typical RFID system consists of a tag, a reader, and some sort of data processing equipment, such as a computer. The reader sends a request for identification information to the tag. The tag responds with the respective information, which the reader then forwards to the data processing device. The tag and reader communicate with one another over an RF channel. In some systems, the link between the reader and the computer is wireless.

In plainspeak, RFID is a very effective way of keeping track of things, pets - and as is becoming the case more and more often - people.

According to c|net, a recently opened Fort Lauderdale theme park, Wannado City, issues wristbands to all who enter in order to help parents keep track of their kids. That's actually a pretty nifty idea. The problem is, it get's a little creepy when you realise that RFID tags can be made as small as eleven millimetres and implanted beneath the sking. [article] That's just great.

And I'm the kind of person who hates conspiracy theories.

And a completely unrelated song. Just because I can. From the Best of Van Morrison, to which I am currently listening

Brown Eyed Girl
Van Morrison

Hey, where did we go
Days when the rains came
Down in the hollow
Playing a new game
Laughing and a runnin', hey hey
Skipping and a jumpin'
In the misty morning fog with
Are hearts a thumpin' and you
My brown eyed girl
And you, my brown eyed girl

Oh what ever happened
The Tuesday went so slow
Going down to the old mine
With a transistor radio
Standing in the sunlight laughing
Hiding behind the rainbows wall
Slipping and a sliding
All along the waterfall with you
My brown eyed girl
You, my brown eyed girl
Do you remember when
We used to sing
Sha la la la la la la la la la la de da

So hard to find my way
Now that I'm all on my own
I saw you just the other day
My you have grown
Cast my memory back there Lord
Sometimes I'm overcome thinkin' about it
Makin' love in the green grass
Behing the stadium with you
My brown eyed girl

And you, my brown eyed girl

A few more cosmetic changes need to be made to the new template, especially with the spacing. I'll get around to them soon.

Cheers.
0 Comments: