Happy Times
Tuesday, August 31 at 1:59 a.m.
Yesterday, I went to visit my grandmother at her new apartment after work. Her new place is very close to the place in which she lived with my grandfather in the early 90's.

It was a most pleasant thing to be reminded of the happy times I spent there:

Hours spent riding my bike or roller blading 'round the neighbourhood. Going to a nearby park to have my turn at the tire swing. Walking to the mall across the street with my grandfather to buy groceries. The rides at the carni that would stop once or twice every summer in the parking lot of the mall. Climbing the huge piles of snow that the ploughs would leave in the same parking lot. Sneaking off to a nearby convenience store when my grandfather wasn't watching to buy the latest copy of Disney Adventures* or a pack of hockey cards. Chasing around the younger kids in the neighbourhood with my Super Soaker*...

And a lot of other things.

*These are the trademarks of their respective owners. Disney and Bandai, please don't sue me.

I Wonder
Chris Isaak

When I was younger I believed, that dreams came true
Now I wonder
Cause' I have seen much more dark skies, than blue
Now I wonder

I keep on praying for a blue sky
I keep on searching through the rain
I keep on thinking of the good times
Will they ever come again?
Now I wonder

When I was younger I believed that I could win
Now I wonder
There was a time when you and I walked hand and hand
Now I wonder

I keep on searching for the old me
I keep on thinking I can change
I keep on hoping for a new day
Will I ever feel the same?
Now I wonder

Now I wonder

That's a rather melancholic song, I admit. It's been stuck in my head since I watched part of Fools Rush In when we dropped in at my cousins' house on the way home from my grandmother's.
0 Comments: