Insert Appropriate Title Here
Monday, May 17 at 1:53 p.m.
Have any of you ever seen a film where the co-stars are prettier or handsomer than the stars? (Yes, I know it should have been "more handsome". I don't feel like going back and changing it.) I've always wondered why they would allow that. Why let people get distracted from the main characters because the secretary - or some other insignificant character - is more appealing to the eye or a better actor?

Actors should stipulate such things in their contracts: "Said party must be most attractive person on screen at all times." That's definitely what I would do if I was to star in a film. Unfortunately for me, it would probably end up having to be a one man show.

And here's another film recommendation: Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind. I don't really have a list of favourite films, but if I did, this would definitely be on it.

The title is taken from a poem by Alexander Pope called Eloisa to Abelard:

207 How happy is the blameless vestal's lot!
208 The world forgetting, by the world forgot.
209 Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind!
210 Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd

The film revolves around a man, who when he finds that his former girlfriend has had all her memories of him erased, decides to undergo the same procedure. But, as the memories begin to fade away, he finds himself reminded of the things about her that he fell in love with in the first place.

Does that make sense? That's the best I can do to explain it. It really is a beautiful film, but not one that you should watch with the kids. Probably not even with the parents.

And as interesting as the thought of having all my bad memories erased may be, I think I'll hang on to them.

Can't think of a song. Maybe later.
0 Comments: