Nostalgia
Friday, April 30 at 1:42 p.m.
It's a little sad how things that were so enjoyable just a short while ago become less so as you grow older.

This week I was disappointed twice. First, I found out that Tahiti Treat does not taste as good as it did when I was a child. It's just too sweet; makes me gag. Secondly, I was devastated to find that I don't like camembert as much as I used to. Well, perhaps devastated is a bit hyperbolic, but I was not happy to find this out.

I also recently realised that I cannot day dream anymore. I have no idea why. Perhaps I've finally woken up to the less than ideal world in which I live; a world where things don't always go as one would hope. No, my rose-colored lenses are still here. I think.

Regardless of the “why”, this too is a sad thing because one of the earliest things I remember doing as a child is daydreaming. I can’t recall what I was thinking about, but I do remember sitting on a rattan chair and staring out the window - my eyes somewhat unfocused - at a banyan tree in the neighbours' yard.

It's strange how one can conjure up such details, but not remember what they were about.

Collide
Howie Day

The dawn is breaking
A light shining through
You're barely waking
And I'm tangled up in you

I'm open, you're closed
Where I follow, you'll go
I worry I won't see your face
Light up again

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to rhyme
Out of the doubt that fills my mind
I somehow find
You and I collide

I'm quiet you know
You make a first impression
I've found I'm scared to know
I'm always on your mind

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the stars refuse to shine
Out of the back you fall in time
I somehow find
You and I collide

Even the best fall down sometimes
Even the wrong words seem to ryhme
Out of the doubt that fills your mind
You finally find
You and I collide

You finally find
You and I collide

I think that song was featured on a recent episode of Joan of Arcadia. And to clarify something I said earlier, my comment about Ms. Garner referred to her acting in the film; I was impressed by it. As for her shoulders... Well, that comment still stands.
0 Comments: