Dozens of Kids Words
Sunday, May 16 at 4:59 p.m.
My grandmother came to visit early last week. As she was leaving, she said that now all she is waiting for is to see me graduate, get a job, get married and have children. In that order. She also added that she hopes God will keep her till that happens.

Unfortunately for me, I'm the oldest grandchild, and until about a year ago, the only male grandchild as well. Thus, on my shoulders falls the onerous task of carrying on the line and ensuring a continuing place for our family in the annals of history. Or something like that.

I'm not even going to begin to predict when and how I'm going to get all that done, but I figure I might be able to manage it by the time I'm thirty. That gives me a lot of time, right? Jaydawg? AC? Is that a safe assumption?

Speaking of families and kids, I just saw Cheaper By The Dozen last week. One of the nicest films I've seen in a while; the kind you would have no problem watching with your children. (Or parents, as the case may be.) And I think I can safely say that it will at least leave you thinking about having more than the usual 2.5 children.

Really. Having lots of kids doesn't sound all that bad. Ah me... I can just see all the ladies who read this shaking their fists at their monitors...

In other news:
Doors Open Toronto is happening at the end of this month. That's the 29th and 30th of May. The Toronto Star will be publishing a guide in this Thursday's edition. That's the 20th of May. Anyone feel like going? I'm planning to go on the Saturday for sure; maybe on the Sunday as well. Please contact me if you're interested.

Also, y’all will be happy to hear that I cooked today. Yes, yes, you did indeed read right. I made spaghetti for lunch. With meat sauce. Well... To be honest, we were out of ground beef, so I had to improvise by adding Oktoberfest sausage to the sauce. But it turned out all right, if I may say so myself. Whoever keeps track of these things, please update my biodata.

I thought about posting that song, “On Top of Spaghetti”, but I'm too lazy to Google for it. Here’s a question instead: Does anyone out there feel like sneezing when they eat a piece of mint-flavoured gum? Maybe such strange things only happen to me.

And that is the end if my brief testimony.
0 Comments: