The Day of Simple Sophistication
Tuesday, August 1 at 12:00 p.m.
This morning, there was an interview on CBC's Sounds Like Canada during which the guest mentioned that she was, according to the Book of Birthdays, born on "The Day of the Dark Pragmatist."

I thought this was interesting, and after a little Googling, found that I was born on "The Day of Simple Sophistication." I don't know if this is necessarily reflected in my personality - you'll have to be the judge of that. (And besides, even if I did think it did, it would be just too arrogant a thing to admit to.)

On the flip side, the site also had the following to say about my birthday:

[It was] Believed by some sixteenth century astronomers that this was the unluckiest day of the year. [And] has become known as the day in the whole year of most misfortune as it is believed that the 'Slaughter of the Innocents' as told in the Bible was instigated by King Herod on this day.

You win some, you lose some.

What A Good Boy
Barenaked Ladies
From the album Gordon

Words by Steven Page
Music by Steven Page & Ed Robertson

I was going to post the lyrics here, but the ones I found were poorly formatted. And I'm not feeling the whole edit/clean up thing at the moment. So just listen to 'em instead.

And I'm off.

Edit [4:55 PM]:
A little globetrotting birdie just wished me because she thought this might be my way of saying today's my birthday. So, let's set things straight: today is not my birthday. My birthday is in December.

Because, that's when all the special people are born:

Ira Gershwin, Larry Bird, Sinead O'Connor, Emily Dickinson, Abraham Lincoln, Christopher Plummer, Ludwig van Beethoven, Jane Austen, Charles Dickens, Arthur C. Clarke, Stephen Spielberg, Christopher Columbus, Ray Romano, Kiefer Sutherland, Karl Marx, Humphrey Bogart, Anwar Sadat, Dido, Ulysses Grant, Louis Pasteur, Tiger Woods, Woody Allen, Jesus, Myself...

See what I mean?

But thanks for the wishes anyway.
0 Comments: