Crystallise
Tuesday, April 18 at 11:00 a.m.
I know I said I'd write about a few different things in the coming days, and that will happen. Just not right now as all that work I mentioned last week has made its presence known in a rather nasty way.

Regardless, the Good Friday/Easter Sunday weekend was good. Probably the best I've had in some time. It was great to just forget about school for a little bit and enjoy being where and who I am.

Of course, being the good Christian boy that I am, I went to church - on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. And, truth-be-told, I was quite surprised at how relevant the things shared where in relation to thoughts that have been floating around in my head over the past little while.

I think I'll talk a bit about that when I write down what I was actually referring to when I said "more" on Sunday.

I think I'm reaching crossroads of sorts in life. Not simply because I will soon have to start applying to grad school and such similar things, but also because my ideas about myself and where I'm going and want to end up are starting to crystallise. Or are - at least - becoming more coherent.

And I think that's all for now. I have two essays and three exams to work on...

Waiting For My Real Life to Begin
Colin Hay / Thom Mooney
From the album Man @ Work

Any minute now, my ship is coming in
I'll keep checking the horizon
I'll stand on the bow, feel the waves come crashing
Come crashing down, down, down, on me

And you say, be still my love
Open up your heart
Let the light shine in
Don't you understand
I already have a plan?
I'm waiting for my real life to begin

When I awoke today, suddenly nothing happened
But in my dreams, I slew the dragon
And down this beaten path, and up this cobbled lane
I'm walking in my old footsteps, once again

And you say, just be here now
Forget about the past, your mask is wearing thin
Just let me throw one more dice
I know that I can win
I'm waiting for my real life to begin

Any minute now, my ship is coming in
I’ll keep checking the horizon
And I'll check my machine, there's sure to be that call
It's gonna happen soon, soon, oh so very soon
It's just that times are lean

And you say, be still my love
Open up your heart, let the light shine in
Don't you understand
I already have a plan?
I'm waiting for my real life to begin

On a clear day I can see, see for a long way

Hope everyone had a good weekend. And has been having a good week so far.

It just occurred to me the other day that it might seem strange to some people that I write all these things down here in this rather public place.

I suppose that's true, but I can honestly say that it helps me to have a record of my thoughts. And, truthfully, all this is not as personal as it sounds.

Maybe I just have a strange definition of 'personal'.
how many ppl actually post on this blog? coz it says there are about 4 contributors?

BTW its good to write down ur thoughts, very therapeutic. and congrats on figuring out where u wanna go in life..im still working on that one

*sigh*
Hmm... I can't say that I've actually figured anything out. Only that I understand better the kind of things that I want to do with my life.

As to where it's all heading? Still not 100% about that.

As for contributors... Only yours truly these days. The others just skulk about. But they're around.
2 Comments:
how many ppl actually post on this blog? coz it says there are about 4 contributors?

BTW its good to write down ur thoughts, very therapeutic. and congrats on figuring out where u wanna go in life..im still working on that one

*sigh*
Hmm... I can't say that I've actually figured anything out. Only that I understand better the kind of things that I want to do with my life.

As to where it's all heading? Still not 100% about that.

As for contributors... Only yours truly these days. The others just skulk about. But they're around.