Chopsticks
Sunday, October 17 at 7:04 p.m.
So, today I ate my lunch with chopsticks. Because I can and because I thought it would alleviate some of the monotony that is my life. Well, no - for the first reason anyway.

While I was eating, I was reminded of two other dreams that I had recently. In the first, I had forgotten how to use chopsticks. In the second, I was grabbing a bite to eat for lunch at a Chinese restaurant with - get ready for it - our very own AC.

Trust me, that – a dream of that sort, I mean - never happens. And I suppose it was more of the other kind of dream; you know, the kind that makes reference to a female horse of the night.

It was all quite amusing. And a little disconcerting - Thoughts of the AC are always disconcerting. You can imagine what it did to not aid my digestion - but I was also reminded of a book I read many, many years ago.

Actually now that I think on it, I believe the book was read to me in an elementary school class. (I just did a little Googling, and discovered that the book was called How My Parents Learned to Eat.) It tells the story, if I'm remembering rightly, of an American man and a Japanese woman and the lengths to which they went to make their relationship work: the man learned to use chopsticks and the woman learned to eat with a knife and fork so that they could have dinner together.

Alrighty then. I'm not sure what the point of what I just said was, but that's all that came to mind. Hope all you seniors and super seniors have a great week.

We sang this song in church today after a long, long time. I can't even remember the last time we sang it. Still beautiful though.

This is Our God

Behold, this is our God
We have waited, waited for Him
This is the Lord
We have waited, waited for Him

No eye has ever seen...

I can't bring my self to type out all the verses. I'm sure that if you really, really want to read them (Or sing them!) you'll have no trouble finding your song books.

Take care.
AC,

Not just Chinese food - Chinese food with chopsticks. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thankfully, I never dream of you. And really, it was more of a nightmare.

Speaking of which, the reference to the "female horse of the night" was from a story - or perhaps a poem - that I read when I was younger. One of the characters in the story claimed to be regularly visited in his dreams by a black horse. But for the etymologically inclined among use, the word 'nightmare' derives from the old English for 'night demon'.

I didn't realise the purchase of the laptop was such exciting news. For any who care: I bought an 12-inch Apple PowerBook last week.

It's very nice. Yay.
But for the etymologically inclined among US, the word 'nightmare' derives from the old English for 'night demon'.
2 Comments:
AC,

Not just Chinese food - Chinese food with chopsticks. It doesn't get much better than that.

Thankfully, I never dream of you. And really, it was more of a nightmare.

Speaking of which, the reference to the "female horse of the night" was from a story - or perhaps a poem - that I read when I was younger. One of the characters in the story claimed to be regularly visited in his dreams by a black horse. But for the etymologically inclined among use, the word 'nightmare' derives from the old English for 'night demon'.

I didn't realise the purchase of the laptop was such exciting news. For any who care: I bought an 12-inch Apple PowerBook last week.

It's very nice. Yay.
But for the etymologically inclined among US, the word 'nightmare' derives from the old English for 'night demon'.