Tomorrow
Monday, October 11 at 7:33 p.m.
Have you ever wondered how we would tell time if we didn't have night and day?

Think about it for a second: our clocks with their seconds and minutes and hours; our calendars with their days and weeks and months; all based on the rotation of our planet as it revolves around the Sun.

What if it was always day? Or always night? How would you tell if a day had passed? Or if you were a year older?

I'm sure that we would have devised something eventually, but I'm still grateful that the Creator set things in motion as we see them today. If for no other reason, I'll always be glad that we have days and nights for one thing: after every night comes a new day. And with it, a chance to begin again.

Hear You Me
Jimmy Eat World

There's no one in town I know
You gave us some place to go
I never said thank you for that
I thought I might get one more chance

What would you think of me now?
So lucky, so strong, so proud
I never said thank you for that
Now I'll never have a chance

May angels lead you in
Hear you me my friends
On sleepless roads the sleepless go
May angels lead you in

And if you were with me tonight
I'd sing to you just one more time
A song for a heart so big
God wouldn't let it live

May angels lead you in

And, a picture in honour of this time of the year. Hope everyone has a good week.
Interesting thought - I think people living in the NWT might have somewhat of an idea during the middle of Dec (2 weeks of straight darkness) and the middle of June (2 weeks of straight daylight).

-manga
Anonymous Anonymous at 10/19/2004 01:24:00 p.m.  
1 Comments:
Interesting thought - I think people living in the NWT might have somewhat of an idea during the middle of Dec (2 weeks of straight darkness) and the middle of June (2 weeks of straight daylight).

-manga
Anonymous Anonymous at 10/19/2004 01:24:00 p.m.