Gesundheit
Tuesday, May 18 at 1:11 a.m.
As it turns out, the sneezing that a few others and I experience when eating mint flavoured gum is not the product of our imaginations. It even has a name: Autosomal Dominant Compelling Helio-Ophthalmic Outburst Syndrome. Or ACHOO Syndrome for short. Get it?

ACHOO Syndrome actually refers to reflexive sneezing as result of exposure to bright light. I'm serious. But from what I've been reading, the reactions can include yawning, and the stimuli anything from eating gum to sunlight to singing to combing one's hair.

And, it's hereditary. Chances are, if you sneeze after eating a piece of gum or stepping outside, someone else in your family does as well. And, even the number of times you sneeze is genetic. I always sneeze twice when I eat a piece of gum. Well, I feel the urge to sneeze twice. I can usually control it.

Because it's mint that makes me sneeze, I've always assumed that it was an allergic reaction of some sort. But this is the best explanation I've heard so far.

I'm kinda busy today, so that's probably all I'll be saying. Thanks for stopping by. Here’s a couple of the links Google spat out when I was doing my research:
0 Comments: