OS X + VPC + AutoCAD = Sweet!
Saturday, March 25 at 8:42 a.m.
So, one of my major gripes with my PowerBook has been that, well, it can't run AutoCAD. The lack of proper ripping I can live with, but no AutoCAD? C'mon...

So, yesterday, I decided to try out a little something. First I installed a very stripped-down version of Windows XP, the operating system of choice for AutoCAD. Then, I tried installing and running AutoCAD. And low-and-behold, it works!

Okay, so it's a little slow. And I doubt I'll be able to do any serious 3D work. But this is quite good for me.

And, mind you, this was on a 'crippled' system: my HD is almost full and I have only 512 mb of RAM. Imagine the possabilities if I cleared out the disk and maxed out my RAM at 1256...

Also, new layout coming soon. Not too different visually, but very different in how the information is presented. Stay tuned.
0 Comments: