The Death of The Salesman
Wednesday, December 21 at 2:11 p.m.
Is it just me or has impoliteness become one of the hallmarks of the average salesman salesperson?

Please don't get me wrong - I'm a very understanding person: I appreciate all the problems you're going through. I know you're having a bad day. I know your boss is coming down hard on you. I know you're worried about Johnny's grades and Susie's boyfriend. But really, you should have considered all the possiblities before you applied for a job where you're expected to be kind at every moment.

When I come to your store, I expect to be served. Not to be worshipped, or treated as celebrity; no, not at all. I'd just like you to extend a little deference my way. I'm here to buy, and as a result, pay your salary. Please remember that next time you see me coming toward you with a quizzical look on my face.

Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way... I'm feelin' just great. My headache's gone. I'm getting all my stuff organised as planned. And I feel like writing. Check back often over the next two weeks. This post, however, was put together rather hastily - I'm sure the writing makes it obvious. I'll be rereading and fixing it as the day passes.

And before I go, a little something from James Blunt:

Soft and oh so sweet.

Goodbye My Lover
James Blunt
From the album, Back to Bedlam

Did I disappoint you or let you down?
Should I be feeling guilty or let the judges frown?
'Cause I saw the end before we'd begun,
Yes I saw you were blinded and I knew I had won.
So I took what's mine by eternal right.
Took your soul out into the night.
It may be over but it won't stop there,
I am here for you if you'd only care.
You touched my heart you touched my soul.
You changed my life and all my goals.
And love is blind and that I knew when,
My heart was blinded by you.
I've kissed your lips and held your head.
Shared your dreams and shared your bed.
I know you well, I know your smell.
I've been addicted to you.

Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.

I am a dreamer but when I wake,
You can't break my spirit - it's my dreams you take.
And as you move on, remember me,
Remember us and all we used to be
I've seen you cry, I've seen you smile.
I've watched you sleeping for a while.
I'd be the father of your child.
I'd spend a lifetime with you.
I know your fears and you know mine.
We've had our doubts but now we're fine,
And I love you, I swear that's true.
I cannot live without you.

And I still hold your hand in mine.
In mine when I'm asleep.
And I will bear my soul in time,
When I'm kneeling at your feet.
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.
I'm so hollow, baby, I'm so hollow.
I'm so, I'm so, I'm so hollow.

Hope you're well.
0 Comments: