Update
Sunday, December 4 at 5:21 p.m.
Hello, hello. How's everyone doing?

I realise I've been rather quiet of late, and I apologise to all those who come here expecting something new to read. School has been keeping me far busier than I could have ever predicted and none of my plans for this space have come to any real fruition.

And I really did have great plans for this site when the school year began. Regular updates! I said. Weekly 'help' posts! Pictures! Music! Not so much of that happening here, eh? Well, all that is about to change. At least, it will be changing in a couple of weeks, when my exams come to an end.

The thing is, I suddenly have a lot of other things on my plate as well. Well... actually, I have one rather large other thing that is comprised of many littl pieces that have to come together nicely. What I mean to say is, I have a grad school application that has to be completed - portfolio and all - by this time next year. And being the kind of person I usually am about such things, I've decided to give myself a good headstart in order to ensure everything gets done in a timely manner.

'But what does that mean for this blog?' You ask. If all goes as planned, a lot of good things. You see, I need to start collecting a lot of my sketches and photographs and writing for the portfolio, and, I suspect that at least some of it will find its way here. So be on the lookout for good things come the end of December.

Fingers crossed.

Regardless, I will be posting some of my 'regular' posts soon, namely the annual Christmas Gift Guide, and hopefully, one of my every-so-often posts on current flicks. Except that this time, it won't be current. It'll be more of recommendations kind of thing.

Anyway, until then, hope everyone's well. I certainly am.

Yes, here is yet another Sufjan Stevens song.

And you really should give the Christmas music I sent out a listen if you already haven't. It'll knock your stockings off.

That Dress Looks Nice on You
Sufjan Stevens
From the album, Seven Swans

I can see a lot of life in you
I can see a lot of bright in you
And I think the dress looks nice on you
I can see a lot of life in you

I can see a bed and make it too
I can see a fireside turn blue
And I can see the lot of life in you
Yes, I can see a lot of life in you

When the world looks back
When the face looks after that
I can see a lot of life in you
Yes, I can see a lot of life in you

I can see a lot of life in you
I can see your bed and make it too
And I think the dress looks nice on you
Yes, I can see a lot of life in you

I can see a lot of life in you
Yes, I can see a lot of life in you

Hmm... I really can't think of anything else to say right now. But I want to put something here so the alignment of the song/post vs. the comments doesn't look off. And this should take care of that.
The banjo, like the harmonica, is a terribly underappreciated instrument. That being said, I think I can understand... But I've found it growing on me.

I thought his rendition of "Come, O Come, Emmanuel" and "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" to be especially good, though.

I have the Hillsong Christmas album... Meh. Trans-Siberian Orchestra is always good, but I only have The Christmas Attic.

Two other particularly good Christmas albums that I'm listening to: Everything You Want for Christmas by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and A Christmas Album by Bright Eyes.

My favourites: "Jingle Bells (Cha Cha)" on the BBVD and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" on the Bright Eyes.

But it's all good.
1 Comments:
The banjo, like the harmonica, is a terribly underappreciated instrument. That being said, I think I can understand... But I've found it growing on me.

I thought his rendition of "Come, O Come, Emmanuel" and "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" to be especially good, though.

I have the Hillsong Christmas album... Meh. Trans-Siberian Orchestra is always good, but I only have The Christmas Attic.

Two other particularly good Christmas albums that I'm listening to: Everything You Want for Christmas by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, and A Christmas Album by Bright Eyes.

My favourites: "Jingle Bells (Cha Cha)" on the BBVD and "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" on the Bright Eyes.

But it's all good.