Pigeon
Wednesday, October 26 at 3:30 p.m.
I've taken to writing bad poetry in class to fight off the evil forces of boredom.

Actually, I have to write something of the sort for an assignment in a couple of weeks, and I've been trying to improve my versing. So, I made an attempt at writing a poem in my last class of the day to keep myself awake. I did not succeed. In writing a poem or in keeping myself awake.

Anyway, here it is. Actually happened to me this Monday past.

Pigeon

Blanket caped man,
dreadlocks hanging long
Skating down the sidewalk,
through the passing throng

Something carried in his hand,
a pigeon, no longer living
Asking each on passing by,
"Isn't this disgusting?"

Apprehensive, I look away,
watch the cars passing by
But he wanders off, crying,
"Jesus Christ is alive!"
0 Comments: