Oy
Thursday, December 2 at 1:42 p.m.
I'll be the first to admit that it's been pretty quiet around here lately. Dust has started to settle and it's actually a little spooky with all the echoes and stuff.

stuff... tuff... uff... ff... f...

(Those were the echos. Just in case you were wondering.)

Actually, school is slowly roasting me, and those lovely chestnuts, over an open fire as we speak. I have a French term test today. (Which I am going to fail.) And an English term test tomorrrow. (Which, coincidently, I am most probably going to fail.) I know, I know, I've really got the whole positive attitude thing down.

But it's all good.

To make up for all this quiteness, I'm going to post the first and perhaps annual - drum roll please - mud's Holiday Gift Getting Giving Guide. Look for it coming to a browser near you soon.

Oh, and the music; to think I almost forgot. What would my life be without the music?!? Random song provided via iTunes' Party Shuffle, but oh so appropriate:

Hardway (Remix)
DC Talk
From the album, Intermission: The Greatest Hits

Some people gotta learn the hardway
I guess I'm the kinda guy that has to find out for myself
I had to learn the hardway,
Father I'm on my knees and I'm crying for help

Now I've been high and I've been low
I've been some places that you will not go
I never thought there would come the day
When I wished I never would've lived this way
But I've been searching for a long, long time
I thought the devil was a friend of mine
I turned my back on everything that was true
And wasted years that belong to you

It took so long for me to see
That I'm a victim of nature and me
Left to myself I realize
I am the maker of my own demise
But you accept me every time and again
And never mention just how selfish I've been
Why must it always take me so long to see
That I have fallen but you will forgive me?

The warning signs are like flares in the night
Still I proceed my greed is in spite
Of the fire I know that's bound to burn
Why is it that I always gotta learn

The hardway
I had to learn the hardway

Come to think of it, the chestnuts are supposed to be roasting on an open fire, no? Oh well.
0 Comments: