again
Thursday, November 6 at 9:30 a.m.
so i'm back. and i'm going again. anyway, it was nice to be home, in Toronto, for a few hours. i'm tired.

here's some thoughts from Monday morning. excuse me if they're a little crass.

8:00 AM 03/11/2003 EST
Jetsgo is paging the following passengers for flight 102 to Montreal...

I am very upset at the moment - I just deleted my whole ToDo list. That's not good at all. Oh well, life goes on.

It's Monday, November the 3rd at 8:00 in the morning and the day is already very strange. First of all, I’m at the airport, instead of rushing to get ready for class; I'm waiting to board a plane to Vancouver. I just finished a cup of Tim Horton's coffee and not only did I enjoy it, but the lid also stayed put. I'm expecting many more strange things today.

It's been a little over three years since I last flew anywhere and I'm in a very observant mood:

I like Pearson International Airport; if you can get over its greyness, then it's not too bad. it's nice enough provide travellers like me - travellers with poorly powered laptops - with power outlets at various points throughout the boarding. (Now that I think about it, the outlets are probably for the cleaning staff.)

I’ve always thought that I would like a job that allows me to travel frequently, but if this is what it entails - getting up at 5:11 in the morning to arrive at the airport an hour and a half ahead of time to avoid rush hour traffic - then I think I’m going to have to rethink my ideal job.

The gentleman in seated in front of me is reading a book entitled "Serial @$#!er". I’m sure you can guess what the title is. (If you can't, then I congratulate you - you have a very pure mind. You are chaste; pat yourself on the back and bask in the glow of your chastity.) What does that say about him? Probably nothing.

My mother once told me that in Sri Lanka air hostesses were required to be good looking. I realise that here that would be considered discrimination, but I’m thinking that in this case a little discrimination wouldn't be too bad.

The men’s washrooms in Pearson have vending machines that dispense condoms, temporary tattoos for him and her, and imitation cologne. What are they trying to do? Encourage people to join the mile-high club? I guess the ultimate encouragement for such activities would be airplane washrooms with such vending machines. If you don't know what the mile-high club is or haven’t figured it out yet, pat yourself on the back again. I am humbled in the presence of one as pure as yourself.

Washrooms in general should be located every thirty metres or less. it becomes difficult to have to walk to a washroom that is far away with your carry on luggage. men's washrooms should have shelves next to urinals on which to place the aforementioned hand luggage.

Over the loud speaker: Attention ladies and gentlemen. We are experiencing a slight delay for Jetsgo flight 185 to Vancouver. The airplane was expected to arrive at the gate at 8:05 but will be arriving at 8:30. We will be experiencing a flight delay of twenty minutes. Those weren't, of course, the exact words; I can't type that fast.

I realise that that many washrooms can pose a logistical problem as far as cleaning is concerned, but I think that it would be worth it.

And now the plane is here - right on time; well, the rescheduled time. I am impressed with their ability to predict their tardiness.

I wanted to travel light. I was not permitted to do so because my mother insisted that I pack two bottles of Nescafe Instant Coffee and another two bottles of Horlicks for my aunt. Because they're expensive in Vancouver. I admire her wish to be helpful, but I would prefer it if she didn’t use my luggage to do so.

Because of the extra baggage, I had to use a bigger bag and therefore could not take my bag onboard with me. And I didn't put a nametag on my bag. Well, what's life without a little adventure? The fact that I consider something like that as even suggesting an inkling of adventure is sad.

Jetsgo flight 185 to Vancouver is now boarding.
0 Comments: