Exhausted
Monday, February 23 at 5:12 a.m.
I have been awake for around twenty-three hours. I should feel very tired, but I'm not. Instead, I've reached that point where everything congeals in to one big blur and the only thing you know about what you're doing is the fact that you're doing it.

Today I realised that I like contractions. As in words like "can't" and "don't". Although they are not considered correct for formal situations, I think the way a letter or two can be replaced with an apostrophe to be quite elegant. Please don't ask me to explain. Along the same lines, I have to admit that I also like semi-colons. I find them to be elegant also; such an efficiently beautiful way to link two thoughts. Please excuse me if you find what I just said a little strange.

I guess I really shouldn't be posting things in such a sleep deprived state. Anyway, here's a favourite song of mine:

Annie's Song
John Denver

You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again

Come let me love you
Let me give my life to you
Let me drown in your laughter
Let me die in your arms
Let me lay down beside you
Let me always be with you
Come let me love you
Come love me again

You fill up my senses
Like a night in a forest
Like the mountains in springtime
Like a walk in the rain
Like a storm in the desert
Like a sleepy blue ocean
You fill up my senses
Come fill me again

Unfortunately, this new layout has a few bugs. If you're using Opera, you won't be able to click on a single link. If you're using Netscape, you won't be able to see any text at all. IE, however, seems to work fine. So, if you can't see this please send me an e-mail with details about your browser. Thank you. I won't be posting again today; there's just too much going on.
0 Comments: